What are the signs of a heart attack?
During a heart attack, the blood supply that nourishes the heart with oxygen is cut off and the heart muscles begin to die. Not all heart attacks come with a warning signal and sometimes the symptoms don’t even happen in your chest, which becomes difficult to judge as to what is going on.
Smoking, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and stress are some of the risk factors that are associated with heart diseases. The more the risk factors, more one should worry about their heart.
Here are 6 signs of a heart attack that you should not ignore:
1. Chest Discomfort: The most common sign of a heart attack is chest pain or chest discomfort. You may feel pain, tightness or discomfort in your chest either if you have a blocked artery or about to have a heart attack. Discomfort in your chest can happen while performing any physical action or even while resting. If there is any pain in the chest, then immediately consult a cardiologist.
2. Nausea, Heartburn or stomach pain: Sometimes, people who have symptoms of a heart attack, tend to vomit and this situation arises in women more than in men. If you have an upset stomach, it is not always a symptom of a heart attack. It just might be because of something that you ate. However, stomach pain can also occur during a heart attack.
3. Dizziness: If during your chest discomfort, you suddenly feel unsteady and dizzy, then call the doctor immediately without even wasting a moment. Sudden dizziness indicates that your blood pressure might have dropped due to your heart’s inability to pump the blood the way it should.
4. Pain that spreads to the Arm: If pain radiates down the left side of the body, then it might be possible that you get a heart attack.
5. Sweating: If your body breaks out into a cold sweat without any reason, then there could be a possibility of a heart attack. If this happens, then immediately seek medical attention.
6 Exhaustion: If you get tired and exhausted very quickly as well as fall short of breath, then chances are that your heart has become weak and it might lead to a heart attack. If you are facing problems in doing regular activities that you could do easily before, then it is advisable that you consult a cardiologist immediately.
These signs that are mentioned above should never be ignored. If you ever face these signs or know someone who do, then immediately contact our head cardiologist Dr. T.S. Kler and his highly qualified team of experts at PSRI Hospitals ( https://psrihospital.com/our-consultants-speciality/cardiology/1 ) or call on 9582261502.